Thursday, May 22, 2014

60 days

Today I completed day 60 of the workitout100 challenge. Going back and looking at my day one photo compared to day sixty, I don't see a ton of difference, but there are changes.  Just because I can't immediately see them when I look in the mirror, doesn't mean that there aren't positive changes.  There is some slight definition in my arms compared to the first picture, as well as some in my legs.  There is also that when I started I had a hard time with some of the TRX moves, whereas now they are getting easier.  

I am happy with where I am now, but I also know I can't stay here.  I have more changes to make. I have made a lot of positive changes in my level of fitness, but also my commitment level.  It hasn't been perfect, not by a long shot, but I keep getting back up and keep pushing forward.  I have begun to make positive changes in my diet.  I haven't fully commited to that yet though.  I am drinking more water and less soda, and am trying to make healthy choices when we are out to eat.  The next step for our family will be cutting back on carbs from bread and refined sugar.  A friend of mine shared an article this week about why we are fat.  Our bodies are trapped in this vicious cycle because the fatter we are the more food our bodies tell us it wants.  When we cut back on the bread carbs and sugar, our bodies start to reset.  They quit craving things that will put us into a talespin.  That is my goal now, to reset my body.  We only get one body, so why not take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment