Friday, May 9, 2014

Fall down 6 times get up 7

It doesn't matter how many times we fall down.  It only matters how many times we pick ourselves back up and keep pushing forward.  I won't ever say my fitness journey has been easy or even that consistent.  There are days that I don't want to workout or run or even eat healthy.  The trick is that you can't beat yourself up too much when you fall down, even if it's completely your fault.  You need to say "I made a mistake, but I will keep pushing forward".  I have had one of those weeks.  I was supposed to start week 3 of the TRX force workout, and I was really excited about it.  I underestimated how hard it was going to be. I tried week 3 day 1 and was quickly discouraged about 1) how much more difficult it was than I thought it would be and 2) that I just did not have the upper body strength to get through it, even with modifications.  Previously I would have scrapped the whole deal and not really gone back to TRX, but the new and more determined me said lets take this week to regroup and we will start weeks 1 and 2 over again, and do them again and again until I can safely move on to week 3.  This week was going to be difficult anyway since on Wednesday and Thursday when I would normally be in the gym, I had a Mother's Day breakfast at the school with my daughter and then Jury Duty. 

Fitness is not easy. Being healthy is not easy, especially not in the beginning. There are going to be days that we are thrown a curve and might not get our workouts in.  All we can do is try to make smart decisions the rest of the day and maybe sneak in some short workouts, even if it's only a few squats or calf raises.  This week, my healthy decisions were to try and get my diet and macros under better control.  For some time now I have had issues with my body not wanting to get rid of food, specifically bread/carbs.  I made a pit stop into Total Nutrition to see what I could do about it, short of cutting out carbs altogether.  Even though I know better, it was good to hear feedback and reaffirm that I need to take care of my insides as well as my exterior.  I have never done a cleanse before, but that is the direction I decided to go, to try and give myself a jump start.  I also am making sure that I give my muscles what it needs before and after my workouts.  I have never been good about taking vitamins or tracking what I eat, but this is me, getting back up and recommitting to track what I put into my body and make sure I'm giving it what it needs.  I know that it won't be easy, and I know that there is still a possibility of my falling down, but I will continue to get back up.



No comments:

Post a Comment