Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's the little things

It's been a pretty busy month, and while I can't say I've been super consistent, I did find some motivation last week when I saw a link for the #workitout100.  Thankfully my sister had already started the challenge so I could see it. I officially started the challenge on Monday, but really began on Saturday.

So here are my current stats:

3/26/14
Weight: 142.4
Body Fat: 26.6%
BMI: 24.8

Obviously those aren't huge changes, and that's okay.  My goal is to make this a complete lifestyle thing and not just a "let's get down to 125 as quickly as possible" kind of thing.  Those types of goals have a higher failure rate, and I want this to be a permanent change.

Because of the achilles injury I've had to mix things up a little, which is good.  I'm taking it slower getting back into running and increasing my mileage so that means I can supplement with other types of workouts.  I'm getting consistent with my weight training workouts and I started the Blogilates Beginner fitness calendar.  Doing all of those things allows me to be flexible and work muscles that tend to be neglected with just running.

Over the last few weeks, I am starting to see small changes in my body.  I will be taking more progress photos on Monday so hopefully those changes are more noticeable.  The best part about this journey is that I'm feeling muscles that I haven't felt in a while and I like that sore feeling.  I'll of course keep updating, but I wanted to post today because progress is progress, even if it's small. And, even if you fall off the wagon a little, it's okay.  In the long run, it's not how many times you fell down that matters, it only matters how many times you picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and kept moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment